My Reading List:

  • "The Art of Learning" by Josh Waitzkin
  • "The Greatest Generation" by Tom Brokaw
  • "In Spite of the Gods" by Edward Luce

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Motor Mouth

I picked up this book from the library thinking that an author with so many New York Times best sellers must write good books. My, what a mistake!

What can I say, the characters are paper thin, the language is juvenile, and the plot has holes big enough to drive a NASCAR hauler through it!

The story is about a famous NASCAR driver and his female, ex-girlfriend mechanic caught up in a web of cheating and murder. The plot rushes from one unlikely scenario to the next preposterous one and the story tumbles to an unbelievably fairy tale ending.

In spite of all my criticism, I have to admit the book was (just barely) mildly entertaining. I will not voluntarily read another of Ms. Evanovich's books, but if you are stuck in a long flight without a book and find this one in the seat pocket in front of you, go ahead and give it a go.

VITAL STATS:
Title: Motor Mouth (A Barnaby Novel)
Author: Janet Evanovich
# Pages: 312
Published by: Harper Collins (New York)
Year: 2006
ISBN #: 0-06-058403-3